Encouraging self-care and care co-ordination to reduce isolation and stress.
The concept behind Dragon Claw is radical in that it promotes patient centric self-care and attempts to provide coordinated care management. It does not provide medical advice.
Dragon Claw is focused on people with an autoimmune inflammatory disease, care givers and supportive clinicians. The online concept is unique and innovative by global standards as it focuses on shared knowledge and self-coordination of clinical and other care providers.
We are trying to fill the gap between the clinician and the community. A 15-minute consultation with your clinician three times a year is not enough for many. We still suffer pain and fatigue and have major issues with depression. The costs of additional support are beyond many.
Dragon Claw proposes that you take control and manage your own condition treating the clinician as your adviser. There is so much more we can do ourselves from food to exercise to mental health to meditation.
We aim to provide useful tools and services to patients, carers and clinicians in a completely different way and provide you with a range of services to:
- Reduce isolation
- Improve pain management
- Improve mental health outcomes
- Help people avoid unnecessary hospital admissions
- Provide patient advocacy and to
- Assist carers and families to cope.
- Reduce your stress by joining a group that understands
- Increase your knowledge about your condition
- Dragon Claw links the disease progression with the development of co-morbidities. We believe that no other website does this
- Dragon Claw deliberately links health and fitness features not illness and drug services to provide hope for these incurable conditions
- Quality of life tools, diet, mental health and exercise are key features
- Carers are included in the equation as sufferers are very dependent upon carer support
- Over time members will be linked geographically to encourage social interaction and physical meetings.
- Why not join our Dragon Talks weekly online meetings – just go to Dragon Talks to find out more
- Register for our quarterly newsletter
- Explore the site and watch some of the videos.