There are 2 crucial strategies you need to employ for an individual with an autoimmune inflammatory disease.
The first is to take the medication as prescribed and secondly to ensure your medical condition is monitored on a regular basis.
Medicine adherence is crucial for individuals with autoimmune inflammatory diseases in order to manage symptoms and improve overall health. Some of the benefits of medicine adherence include:
- Improved symptom management: By taking your medication as prescribed, individuals with autoimmune diseases can more effectively manage symptoms such as pain, inflammation, and fatigue
- Reduced risk of complications: Regularly taking your medication as prescribed can help to reduce the risk of complications related to autoimmune diseases, such as joint damage or organ failure
- Better overall health: Taking your medication as prescribed can help to improve overall health and quality of life for individuals with autoimmune diseases
- Reduced hospitalizations: Regularly taking your medication can help to prevent flare-ups and reduce the need for hospitalization
- Improved disease control: Properly managing autoimmune conditions through medicine adherence can help to control the disease and prevent progression.
KNOWING YOUR NUMBERS
Regular monitoring of your medical condition is an important aspect of managing autoimmune inflammatory diseases. Some of the benefits of monitoring your condition include:
- Improved symptom management: Regular monitoring can help to identify changes in symptoms and allow for prompt treatment to minimize their impact on daily life
- Better disease control: Regular monitoring can help to track the progression of the disease and identify early signs of complications, allowing for prompt intervention
- More informed treatment decisions: Regular monitoring can provide healthcare providers with important information about the effectiveness of treatment and allow for adjustments to be made as needed
- Improved communication with healthcare provider: Regular monitoring can help to facilitate open communication between individuals with autoimmune diseases and their healthcare providers, allowing for more informed and effective decision making
- Peace of mind: Regular monitoring of your medical condition can provide individuals with a sense of control and help to reduce stress and anxiety.
It is important to work with a healthcare professional to develop a treatment plan based on taking you medicines as prescribed and to create a monitoring plan that meets your specific needs and goals.
This may include regular check-ups, laboratory tests, and imaging studies, as well as self-monitoring at home. Regular monitoring and medicine adherence can help individuals with autoimmune diseases to stay informed about their health, manage symptoms more effectively, and live a better quality of life.
Giving Patients Control – ‘Know Your Numbers”
Patient engagement leads to optimal health and to support this Dragon Claw (in collaboration with its Canadian Counterpart CAPA) has created a simple tool to help patients keep track of important factors/screen tests needed to manage their condition and ensure the best possible health – “Know Your Numbers”. This tool has been endorsed by The Australian Rheumatology Association (ARA).
To download this practical tool and its accompanying worksheet Click Here